Now that most of the pieces have had their red paint effects complete, I decided to accent some parts with silver Gundam marker and black oil wash for the details. Here they’re getting a Future Finish top coat. I want the red pieces to be glossy to contrast against the flat coat on the white armour pieces. It seems strange painting the red pieces with a black undercoat first, but it’s necessary for the final paint effect that I want – s subdued and dark metallic red rather than the more glitzy candy coat I did for the PG Red Frame Astray. You can see here just how glossy the black Alclad is! These leg pieces are quite neat indeed, but they really needed the extra painted details to make them special. The state of my desk during building is quite messy…. Future Finish top coat to seal in the black oil wash I’d done earlier. Finally the arm frames are assembled. The legs are quite intricate. They have some pegs that go through from the sides to join the two halves together. They’re highly fiddly and a right pain. I lost some of the small pieces a few times, but luckily for me eldest daughter has great eye-sight! Finally I got them all in place. The legs are highly detailed. The armour went onto the chest section quite easily. I’m pleased I did the extra details as these pieces really stand out. Also, I realized that there’s some stickers for the two red “lights” on top of the chest. But I didn’t need them as I’d already used the Tamiya clear red on that piece, and of course, that looks infinitely better! Getting all these sections together we get one mighty impressive mech!