Because I’m not painting the blue or white pieces (actually I’m thinking I might mask the white pieces and paint some grey on them) I started with the small red detail pieces, the hydraulics etc. that I would need done ahead of frame assembly. I went for a classic candy coat combination of Alclad gloss black -> Alclad chrome -> Tamiya clear red. I love hydraulics on a kit, and these are great. I really like how the candy coat red looks on them.The red pieces are moulded in a ghastly orange. They really need painting! To ensure I got good results I used Alclad grey undercoat first to cover all the orange. I then used my now familiar combination of Createx pearl red topped with a coat of Tamiya clear red. This makes for a really strong, deep red. For painting and assembling the frame I’ve got into a routine of watching the instruction video through, pausing to separate each named piece from the runner, de-nubbing each piece, painting, and then watching through again for the assembly. The videos are painful and just completely the wrong idea, especially for the complexity of this kit. There’s not too much red on this kit, so I’m using red as my accent colour on the frame. Glossy Tamiya clear red contrasts lovely with the flat gunmetal. This is part of the knee.There’s still some details to bring out with some Tamiya smoke, but I’m leaving that stage until more assembly is done. The hydraulics attach with small metal pins. This is a bit of a fiddle, but seems to work ok. The are the first two sections of the frame complete. They look pretty nice, but they will require more detailing as I get them all assembled together. Now for the first major assembly issue! The polycaps don’t fit. Some do with a minor trim on their edges, just enough to get them started. These ones needed extensive trimming.And still they don’t fit. But with more trimming and some brute force, they eventually fit.Here’s the legs with their accent colour applied and drying. More of the pieces for this section drying. Here’s all the small pieces and polycaps for the rest of this assembly. Yes, that’s the metal lid of a whisky bottle packaging. They work great for water for decals, paint, or for stopping you loosing small pieces on your workbench!