The end is near for Zerstore, but the build is far from over...
The machined metal thrusters are lovely. I've not put the LEDs in as the batteries I ordered still have not arrived.
My table is a mess of … Continue Reading ››
Now that the majority of the painting is complete, I'm starting to make real progress on the armour sections.
These parts go on the inner shoulder. The photo-etched parts are nice enough, but when I put the two layers together there was hardly any depth differentiation between … Continue Reading ››
Next up is the assembly of the hip section.
To get the sides to stay closed and together I had to glue and clamp. There's a gimmick with a spring but I'm not sure what it does. I guess I'll find out eventually....Continue Reading ››
Slowly this kit is coming together!
This is part of the waist. Getting the screws in was hard.
Eventually it all came together and is solid.
This section for the … Continue Reading ››
I'm really happy with how the legs came out!
The red details really stand out and make the frame look interesting.
Here you can see the complex mechanics as the knee bends.Continue Reading ››
Because I'm not painting the blue or white pieces (actually I'm thinking I might mask the white pieces and paint some grey on them) I started with the small red detail pieces, the hydraulics etc. that I would need done ahead of frame assembly. I went for a classic candy coat combination of Alclad gloss … Continue Reading ››
The recently released Mechanicore Zerstore arrived last week so now that I'm back from my travels I was eager to get inside and see what the kit is like.
The kit is double-boxed with an outer printed cardboard box with carry handle that has a cut-out to show your … Continue Reading ››