The Sword pack first involved disassembling the left shoulder of the mech so you can extract the one part you need to build up the new shoulder. Why an extra piece could not have been provided I don't know!
The new shoulder looks great, although there's fit … Continue Reading ››
There is a good set of water-slide decals with each of these kits.
The decals went on smoothly.
On the shoulders, the decals have to go over an edge, but they conformed well to the underlying shape. The … Continue Reading ››
Since getting my airbrush I've become I've had to learn more about paint and how to get the best out of it. I've also developed some favourites because I love what effects I can achieve with them.
I keep the majority of my paint near my airbrush … Continue Reading ››
The paint is dry, the top coat cured and we've reached that fun part of the build where you add the armour pieces and assemble.
And because of all the work up-front, it took only a few minutes to put everything together. I've kept the photos with … Continue Reading ››
After doing the first half of the white armour pieces on the DM Strike kits, I realized that some of the techniques I used would make for a great set of tutorials.
The starting point is to use Alclad grey primer on all the pieces. Not only … Continue Reading ››
This is going to be a short update on the Launcher and Sword Strike because the next blog post is going to be tutorial on masking techniques using the white armour pieces of the Strike as the working example.
I've painted half the white runners. Here's the … Continue Reading ››