I've had to move this blog to a new host, so expect some downtime while I figure things out. I picked up work on the GP01 again, but as I'm trying to do some new things with cut-outs and hinges, it's taking its time....
Health issues have kept me busy this year, and also my music project https://www.thepolymusicon.com I'm still working on GP01 doing cutouts and articulation on the outer armour pieces, but I don't like the temperature in my craft room in the summer, so we'll probably see more updates in the fall.
Now onto the PG I've so long waited to build. Why wait so long? Partly because I wanted to do this kit justice, and partly as I wanted a good concept for the paint job.The box is massive.... Continue Reading ››
PG 00 Raiser
Eating into my kit backlog one kit at a time. The 00 Raiser has been on the shelf for quite a while and now its turn has come... Starting with the massive box, I'd previously opened it just to have a look at the GN Drives.Continue Reading ››
PG RX-78-2 part 3
Moving onto the legs, they're a beauty!I really like the clean details and construction, and the colour scheme is working well. Moving on to the white armour pieces, they all started with a good undercoat of Alclad … Continue Reading ››
PG RX-78-2 part 2
With most of the frame done in Tamiya gunmetal, we can move onto assembly.I added some shadows in Tamiya smoke. It's subtle, but looks pretty good. The yellow pieces were Tamiya lemon, with Tamiya clear over the top. … Continue Reading ››
This kit has been waiting a fair while to be built. But even before I bought it, I'd been waiting a while since I first saw it and knew it had to be part of my collection. Such an unassuming box for such a classic kit.Continue Reading ››
Finishing up Big K: 1/100 Kshatriya
Yes, Big K has been a long time coming.... I've had real issues with the paint sticking to the resin, making masking a real pain and many pieces had to be redone. So rather than drive myself to frustration, I gave the kit a rest and now I've come back to finish it. Continue Reading ››
1/100 UC Kshatriya 4
So after a bit of a break, (check out www.thepolymusicon.com for what I've been working on) I'm back trying to complete this resin kit of Kshatriya. I looked at the sleeve pieces I'd painted and found that the paint had cracked! But it looks kinda cool, so … Continue Reading ››
1/100 UC Kshatriya 3
Progress is slow on Kshatriya.I modified the skirt section parts with very small pieces of plastic to close the hole where the ball of the peg sits. This will make the ball joint actually work rather than the ball just fall out. Continue Reading ››