So after a bit of a break, (check out www.thepolymusicon.com
for what I've been working on) I'm back trying to complete this resin kit of Kshatriya.
I looked at the sleeve pieces I'd painted and found that the paint had cracked! But it looks kinda cool, so … Continue Reading ››
Progress is slow on Kshatriya.
I modified the skirt section parts with very small pieces of plastic to close the hole where the ball of the peg sits. This will make the ball joint actually work rather than the ball just fall out. Continue Reading ››
Time to look at paint for Kshatriya. I wanted to go with a more subdued green (for the most part) and to use Tamiya paints (thinned with lacquer thinner) as they're stronger than the Createx pearl green that I used on the Elyn Kshatriya.
Here's the paint … Continue Reading ››
I took this photos a while back in progress on Hi-Nu.
I really like the Createx pearl blue colour. It's not the strongest of paints, so all pieces got healthy coats of Future Finish to protect them.Continue Reading ››
The MG Gouf has been a fun build. The Vallejo chipping Medium has been reasonably successful, and it's made for a much quicker weathering recipe than doing it all with oil paints.
Once I was happy with the chipping I started work with the oil paints. Having … Continue Reading ››
Now onwards to see how the chipping medium is going to work!
I want to "chip" in-situ to guide the placement along visible or proud edges, and also to bias the outer sides of pieces or where the armour would rub.
Continue Reading ››
Ok, time to blog again! Following on from the chipping medium experiments, I'm going to try them on an MG Gouf.
For the frame, I'm not doing anything different than usual. I've used Tamiya gunmetal as the base, and Alclad polished aluminium on top, with hand painted … Continue Reading ››
To rust up the armour, I started by applying some Vallejo natural steel acrylic paint with the end of one of the skewers I use to hold pieces while painting.
By carefully dotting on the chipping you can also build up a really nice texture which will help … Continue Reading ››
Continuing on with the Graze, I used the burnt sienna oil paint on the axe and gun.
I used the Uschi powder on the blade edge of the axe, and although it looks good it's way too clean so I'll add more oil paint later to give a look … Continue Reading ››
Continuing on with Graze, I put Alcald grey primer on all the armour pieces while I continued to work on the frame.
The plastic on the armour pieces was a bit "sharper" when I snipped it out than the frame. Thinking more on the plastic types, the frame … Continue Reading ››