Although I finished the Eagle Transporter a few weeks back, it has taken me some time to get set up again to take nice photos of my models.
Although I had a frustrating time with some of the build, the end result is really quite stunning.
Continue Reading ››
I was just about to shoot some quick photos of the completed model when disaster struck! Yes, a piece had fallen off and gone missing.
Fortunately, baby Eric helped me look for it, we found it, and glued it back on!
I'm not set up for nice photos at the moment, so here's some quick ones I … Continue Reading ››
It's always nice when you get to a point in a model build where you can assemble completed sections and get a feel for how the finished kit is going to look.
The thruster bells just need a dab of glue to hold them on.
Continue Reading ››
Tough decision - which red to paint the stripes on the passenger pod with!
Another decision - how to go about doing the masking. I used the 10mm Tamiya masking tape to do the stripes, but being ~22mm apart, that left a gap in the middle to cover with some more tape. To get the spacing … Continue Reading ››
It's a good job that I ordered a fresh bottle of Alclad white primer - this kit of the Eagle Transporter is going to take a lot of paint.
This is the base of the passenger pod. The rocket engine bells and feet look great with the kitbashed parts … Continue Reading ››
The Eagle Transporter is progressing well with most major sub-assemblies complete, so I decided to paint up some of the details pieces.
These parts go on the command module beak section and I sprayed them with Tamiya gunmetal followed by Alclad polished aluminium. Although I don't think the … Continue Reading ››
Continuing on with this build of the Eagle Transporter.
For a large section, the passenger pod goes together well. It's nice that you can assemble it without having the top and bottom to hold it together, which should make for easier painting, and easier for my roof magnets … Continue Reading ››
Continuing with the assembly of the Eagle Transporter, I glued the two halves of the command module "beak" together and then sprayed Alclad grey primer to help me see where to sand.
The two halves matched well, but there was still a line along the join that needed … Continue Reading ››
The front cockpit "beak" of the Eagle Transporter has some nice detailing on the back wall, which will never really be seen when the kit is complete.
However, the design of the beak is such that the back wall could be made detachable. I decided to put a … Continue Reading ››
When I was growing up in the 70s in England, Space 1999 was one of my favourite TV shows. I had the Dinky Toys Eagle toy (actually I think I had both the transporter, and the one with the nuclear fuel waste disposal section) and loved it. There have been many kits made over the … Continue Reading ››