I began with Valvrave I, but after looking carefully at the kit and stickers I decided to go with a full paint job. I know this will mean that I can't really use the logo stickers, but I reckon the end result will still look great.
And … Continue Reading ››
I've decided to start on the Red Valvrave 1. Looking into the kit, I'm rather disappointed that the stickers for the logos are not on a clear background, which is going to make it tricky to do a nice painted build.
So, the choices are:
Valvrave I (the red one)
Valvrave III (the yellow one)
MG Unicorn Full Armour
And as luck would have it, more paint arrived this morning. Especially for the Valvrave kits, I needed a wider range of colours, and I wanted the Tamiya flat white for the Unicorn (it really sticks to the plastic very well, and makes a great base for mixing up pale colours).
have a new … Continue Reading ››
I completed the frame and did an assembly. This kit has perhaps the most impressive inner frame of PG Gundams that I've built so far. There's an immense amount of detail and good articulation. The only negative aspect are the feet which are lightweight and don't have the strength or detail of the rest of … Continue Reading ››
Here's the complete LBX Lucifer as built by my eldest daughter. She did a great job, especially with the tiny stickers. All the parts were just pushed off the runners and no de-nubbing was done - this is basically straight as it comes with no tools. I'm impressed! Continue Reading ››
Eldest daughter (she's 8) decided to build the LBX Lucifer on her own.
Great artwork on the box, and we have no idea what to expect on the inside.
But she dives straight in, first separating out the runners … Continue Reading ››
With the major painting complete (just really doing touch-ups, or adding detail as I see where the pieces go when assembled), progress is good, although slower than with other kits due to the complexity, the screws and the sheer number of parts on the internal skeleton.
These … Continue Reading ››
With some struggle, I was able to complete the assembly of the Zaku's arms. The struggle was getting those darn little screws into the model to hold it tight. I do hope I got the right screws in the right places as I've not been able to find an English translation of the Japanese instructions … Continue Reading ››