Next up is the assembly of the hip section. To get the sides to stay closed and together I had to glue and clamp. There’s a gimmick with a spring but I’m not sure what it does. I guess I’ll find out eventually…. The arms have been completed and detailed. I used very tiny drops of Tamiya smoke on the indents.Now that the hip is dry from the gluing and clamping, I added these photo-etched details. This red is so much better than the horrible orange plastic! And it goes very nicely with the yellow. Here’s the arms getting joined in. They attach very firmly with a small part that securely clips into place to hold them tight. From the top you can see the clip, and there’s a small piece I glued just in front of the clip that will ensure it doesn’t unclip. This part is looking rather fun as-is! I’m very happy with the armour details in red as it adds much needed variation to the arms and shoulders. Here in close up you can see where I added small drops of the Tamiya smoke. If you add just the right amount you get a slight darkening of the indent and a slightly darker edge that gives the detail real depth. I started panel lining and detailing up the “wings”. I also got the shield completed. Some of the shield parts were very tight and required a fair degree of force to get them together. The underside of the shield is quite nicely detailed.I just completed the gun. It’s great that the gun assembles in separate pieces allowing you to properly paint the barrel, but some of the plastic assembly is very sloppy, especially for the white section at the top. The bottom didn’t want to stay firmly together so I glued and clamped it here, which also made for a nice stand while the painted details on the sides dry.