Once the black and white underpainting was dry, the next stage was to mix up some blue paints for the main body colours.For the pale blue I started with a little Tamiya jar about half-full of thinner, and then added drops of cool-grey and blue from FW Acrylics Artists Ink. These paints are already thinned and ready to use, so the end result was very very thin indeed. I didn’t actually mask the raised sections on the shield. I was just very careful with the airbrush. The paint was similar to the lighter blue, but used mainly FW blue and some Payne’s Grey to darken it down.The sunlight decided to stream in just as I grabbed a shot of the wing sections. The dark metallic sections were painted first with Tamiya smoke and then Uschi powder was brushed on when dry. Now time for a test assembly! Changing the light you can see how the pre-shading and weathering really modulates the very thin blue top layer of paint quite beautifully. This kit has lots of great detail which I think will really come alive when I start adding more oil washes, oil stains, rust and chipping effects. The brighter blue was a colour my daughter had mixed up to paint her Petit’gguy. It’s cyan with a hint of green and I thought it would work well for the highlight colour on these parts. I have more of these highlight parts to add to the model, already painted and drying. Now more work to really dirty this guy up begins!!